Rules and Regulations for the Canada Post Bobby Orr Framed Print Employee Contest (“Official Contest Rules”)
By entering the Canada Post Bobby Orr Framed Print Employee Contest (the “Contest”), entrants agree to abide by these Official Contest Rules and will be deemed to have received, understood and accepted the Official Contest Rules by participating in the Contest. The decisions of Canada Post Corporation with respect to all aspects of the Contest are final.
The Contest is sponsored by Canada Post Corporation (the “Contest Sponsor”).
A valid employee ID and home address are required to enter the Contest.
- 1. The 2017 Canada Post Bobby Orr Framed Print Employee Contest (the “Contest”) is open to all active Canada Post Corporation employees at the time of entry. Limit of one (1) entry per person.
CONTEST ENTRY DEADLINE:
- 2. Eligible entrants must submit an entry in the Contest by 5:00:00 PM (EST) on October 31, 2017 (“Contest Entry Deadline”).
HOW TO ENTER:
- 3. Eligible entrants must complete an official entry ballot (“Entry”) available from the back page of the October 2017 edition of Canada Post’s Focus on our Business employee newsletter. No other forms of entry, submission or means of transmission or delivery will be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, bulk drop offs, photocopies, scanned copies, facsimiles or other mechanically or electronically reproduced entries, or entries that do not comply with these Official Contest Rules, will be declared void and will be ineligible to win. Entries will not be returned.
- 4. In order to submit an Entry, eligible entrants must:
- i. complete the Entry with all required information as provided on the official entry ballot, including the employee’s full name, employee ID number and home address; and
- ii. deposit the Entry into the ballot box located on the eighth (8th) floor of the Canada Post Head Office Building, North Tower, 2701 Riverside Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0B1.
- 5. A winner will be drawn at random.
- 6. Entries must be received by the Contest Entry Deadline.
- 7. A random draw for the Prize, as defined below, from all eligible entries will be conducted on Wednesday, November 1, 2017 to select the entrant eligible to become a winner of the Prize. Odds of being a selected entrant depend upon the total number of eligible entries received by the Contest Entry Deadline. The draw will be conducted by the Contest Sponsor or an agent of the Contest Sponsor.
- 8. The Prize is one (1) limited edition framed print of Bobby Orr, signed by Mr. Orr (total approximate retail value of $399.95 (CAD)).
- 9. The selected entrant will be contacted in accordance with the Official Contest Rules.
- 10. The Prize may not be redeemed for cash. One (1) Prize will be awarded for the Contest. The Prize must be accepted as awarded and without substitution and is not transferable. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute another prize or component of a prize of equal or greater value, without liability, in the event that the Prize cannot be awarded for any reason.
CLAIMING YOUR PRIZE:
- 11. The entrant selected in the draw will be contacted by mail within five (5) business days of the draw date. The Contest Sponsor shall mail to the selected entrant a Declaration, Waiver and Release Form (the “Release Form”) stating that the selected entrant has complied with all eligibility requirements and the Official Contest Rules, and releases the Contest Sponsor from all liability relating to participation in the Contest and the awarding and/or use of the Prize. The Release Form will also contain a mathematical skill-testing question. Before being declared a winner of the Prize, the selected entrant must first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question. The Release Form must contain the correct answer to the mathematical skill-testing question, and the selected entrant must fully complete, sign and return the Release Form either in person, by fax or by mail within ten (10) business days of receiving the Release Form.
- 12. Entries and Release Forms are subject to verification by the Contest Sponsor. Any Entry or Release Form that is incomplete, fraudulent, late, bearing invalid information, not bearing the correct answer to the mathematical skill-testing question, or otherwise noncompliant with the Official Contest Rules will be rejected and will be ineligible, as the case may be, for entry or the Prize. Decisions by the Contest Sponsor in this respect are final and binding.
- 13. If the selected entrant: (a) does not respond to the letter within ten (10) business days of receipt; (b) fails to correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question posed; or (c) fails to return the properly executed Release Form within the specified time, then he/she will be disqualified from the Contest and another entrant will be randomly selected until such time as the Prize is awarded to a selected entrant, or there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. The Contest Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected entrant.
- 14. Should the winner make any false statement(s) to the Contest Sponsor, or be otherwise found to have engaged in conduct contrary to the Official Contest Rules, the winner may be required to promptly return to the Contest Sponsor the Prize, or the cash value thereof.
- 15. Entries and Release Forms are the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned to entrants. Entries will be used for the administration of the Contest.
DELIVERY OF PRIZE:
- 16. Upon confirmation by the Contest Sponsor of the returned Release Form and the selected entrant’s eligibility and compliance with the Official Contest Rules, the selected entrant will be declared the winner and the Contest Sponsor will contact the winner to arrange delivery of the Prize.
- 17. The Prize must be accepted as described in the Official Contest Rules and may not be substituted for another Prize, transferred to another person, nor exchanged in whole or in part for cash, subject to the provisions specified in the paragraph below. Taxes, if applicable, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 18. No purchase necessary.
- 19. By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Official Contest Rules.
- 20. Failure to comply with one of the conditions mentioned in the Official Contest Rules or to accept the Prize will cause the selected entrant to be disqualified. In such an event, the Contest Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, cancel the Prize or hold a new draw until an entrant is selected and declared a winner. In the event that no entrant has been declared a winner within sixty (60) days following the original date, the Contest Sponsor may cancel the Prize.
- 21. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify an entrant or cancel entries of any person who enters or attempts to enter the Contest in a way contrary to the Official Contest Rules or unfair to other entrants. Decisions by the Contest Sponsor in this respect are final and binding.
- 22. By entering the Contest and accepting the Prize, the winner authorizes the Contest Sponsor and its representatives to use, if required, their name, picture, likeness, voice, place of residence and/or statement about the Prize for advertising purposes, in any media, without compensation whatsoever. In order to be declared the winner, any selected and eligible entrant for the Prize agrees to sign the Release Form to this effect.
- 23. The selected entrant releases the Contest Sponsor from all liability for any damages they may suffer as a result of the acceptance or use of the Prize. In order to be declared a winner and prior to obtaining the Prize, any entrant selected and eligible for the Prize under the Contest agrees to sign the Release Form to this effect.
- 24. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, in the event unauthorized human intervention or any other occurrence corrupts or adversely affects the administration, security, impartiality, or operation of the Contest as specified herein. In all cases, the Contest Sponsor will not be held responsible for awarding more than one Prize or any Prizes other than those conforming to the Official Contest Rules.
- 25. Canada Post shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected prizes.
- 26. By entering the Contest or trying to do so, all persons release the Contest Sponsor, its respective directors, officers, shareholders, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, sponsors and agents from any and all manner of action, causes of action, suits, debts, covenants, contracts, claims and demands, including liability for loss, harm, damages, costs and/or expenses, arising out of or in any way connected with participation in the Contest, participation in any Prize-related activity, the awarding of the Prize, the use of personal information as aforesaid, or the acceptance, use or misuse of the Prize, including, without limitation, loss, harm, damages, costs, and/or expenses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising there from. The selected entrant will sign declaration and release forms, or such other supporting documentation that the Contest Sponsor may request, to give effect to such release upon request by the Contest Sponsor.
- 27. No communications or correspondence in relation to the Contest will be exchanged with entrants except with the entrant selected for the Prize.
- 28. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor regarding the Contest are final and binding.
- 29. For Quebec residents: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Québec Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- 30. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any accident, negligence, printing, administrative or other errors that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest with no obligation or liability, subject to applicable law. If a section of the Official Contest Rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that section shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected sections will be applied within the limits of the law.
- 31. The Contest address for further enquiries is: Focus on our Business Contest, c/o Canada Post, 2701 Riverside Drive, Suite N0880, Ottawa, ON, K1A 0B1.
© 2017 Canada Post Corporation