With the availability of COVID-19 vaccines gradually increasing in the country, access to vaccinations is starting for some Canada Post employees. Health Canada is promoting vaccinations as one of the most effective ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and reduce the impact of the disease. Vaccine rollouts are managed by provincial and territorial governments, so timing may vary. To learn more about COVID-19 vaccinations and local availability, employees should refer to federal, provincial and territorial public health websites.
Information for employees who are eligible and choose to get vaccinated:
- Where feasible, employees should arrange this outside of work hours. We realize that for some employees, appointments may not be available outside of work hours. Employees who can only get vaccinated during work hours must use their Personal Days.
- Employees with a flexible work schedule who cannot get vaccinated outside of typical work hours should consider discussing a small schedule change with their team leader.
- Employees who have used all their Personal Days can ask their team leader about accessing special leave.
- If at any time, a local public health authority approaches Canada Post to offer vaccination clinics to our employees at a given facility, we will inform employees.
- People who have received a vaccine (whether one dose or two) must still follow all the COVID-19 safety practices. These include wearing an approved face covering, keeping 2 metres of physical distance, frequent hand washing, and performing a daily self-assessment before reporting to work.