In March, we asked all employees to limit domestic business travel and cancel all international business travel, in order to protect their health and safety by reducing potential exposure to COVID-19.
As businesses begin to reopen and governments carefully ease their restrictions, the safety of our employees remains our top priority. With that in mind we are adjusting the ways we had restricted business travel. Until further notice, we ask you to follow the recommendations below:
What you need to know:
- Domestic business travel by car or train should still be limited to essential trips only.
- Overnight business domestic travel (by car or train) requires GM level approval and will be permitted on an exceptional basis and approved only if there is no alternative.
- VP level approval is required for all domestic business air travel and will be permitted on an exceptional basis and approved only if there is no alternative.
- No international business travel or travel to the United States is permitted.
- For trips across provincial borders, employees must review all restrictions or obligations for self-isolation prior to each trip. They are expected to comply with all applicable provincial restrictions or obligations.
- Repeat trips (i.e. weekly or biweekly) to/from the same location will only require one approval, but because restrictions change, employees must review all restrictions and obligations for self-isolation before each trip.
- Before making any travel arrangements, employees must fill out the new COVID-19 travel approval form.
- The corporate credit card should be used to pay for all expenses being claimed through the employee expense claim process. The card is to be used only for business and not for personal expenses.
What you need to do:
- Fill out the COVID-19 travel approval form before submitting a pre-approval request in SAP or booking any travel accommodations. Employees must then follow the standard pre-approval and expense claim process in SAP. If you are unable to mail in your claim, statements and receipts at this time, please keep them so you can submit them later. You can submit your claim online and will still be reimbursed once your claim is approved.
- Continue to use the online booking tool for all travel reservations. Travel providers who are not operating have been removed from the tool.
- Confirm all local protocols related to COVID-19 before departure and follow all safety practices while travelling including physical distancing, washing/sanitizing hands frequently and wearing a face covering whenever physical distancing cannot be respected.
- If you have any symptoms related to COVID-19 (including cough, shortness of breath and fever) or any recent exposure, or have recently returned from international travel, please postpone travel until it is safe to do so.
- If you have any questions about the new guidelines, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Team leaders in Operations: if you have any employees who might travel, please speak to them about the new rules.