Rules and Regulations
2019 Canada Post “My Community, My Canada” Employee Contest
1. The 2019 Canada Post “My Community, My Canada” Employee Contest (the “Contest”) is open to all active Canada Post employees at the time of entry.
2. Internet access with sufficient bandwidth to upload a .JPEG photograph and a valid email account are required.
CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD:
3. Eligible entrants must submit an entry in the Contest between 12:00:01 AM (EST) on May 1, 2019 and 11:59:59 PM (EST) on June 14, 2019.
4. Eligible entrants can submit one (1) entry per day, up to a maximum of ten (10) entries.
HOW TO ENTER:
Submit your Entry:
5. Once you have taken a photo, submit an entry (the “Entry”). Log onto the Contest Website, and click the “submit” link to view the entry form (the “Entry Form”). Follow the instructions provided on the screen and complete all required fields. No other forms of submissions will be accepted.
6. In order to submit an Entry you:
- I. Must attach your photo to the Entry Form by selecting the “Select File to Upload” button and selecting your photo;
- II. Must complete the “Final Checklist” as provided on the Entry Form;
- III. Must confirm eligibility to participate according to the Contest Rules, compliance with the Contest Rules, and agree to release and indemnify the Contest Sponsor (Canada Post);
- IV. Must confirm that you have obtained the written consent of each and every person whose image or likeness appears in the photo (or if that person is a minor, his or her parent or legal guardian) to appear in the photo. You may be required to provide proof of such written consent ; and
- V. Must confirm that your Entry is an original photo, and that you have all necessary rights, title and interest in the Entry, including copyright.
- VI. Must confirm the photo has not been entered into, or received any awards in, any other contest or competition.
7. Entries will not be judged on artistic or technical merit. Winners will be drawn at random.
8. Entries must be received during the Entry Period. Entries will only be accepted through the Contest Website. No other means of transmission or delivery will be accepted. Entries must be reviewed by the Contest Sponsor prior to becoming available on the Contest Website. Late, garbled, incomplete or misdirected Entries, or Entries that do not comply with these Contest Rules, will be declared void and will be ineligible to win.
9. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s). All Entries shall be the sole property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned. All Entries will be reviewed for compliance with these Contest Rules, though such review does not relieve entrants from responsibility for compliance with these Contest Rules. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to review any posted Entry at any time during the Contest for compliance with these Contest Rules and the Entry Conditions set out herein and to take such action as it deems appropriate, including removing any posted Entry.
10. Each individual entrant is allowed a maximum of ten (10) active Entries. For the purposes of these Contest Rules, an Entry shall be considered “active” if it has been, or is waiting to be, posted on the Contest Website.
11. Once a contest entrant submits an Entry, they may not remove an Entry from the Contest Website.
12. Each Entry must:
- I. Be an original photo, created solely by the entrant registered on the Contest Website and the entrant must have all necessary rights, title and interest, including copyright to the original work;
- II. Not infringe upon the intellectual property rights, or defame or invade the publicity or privacy rights, or any third party, living or deceased;
- III. Not be confusingly similar to, or use, the brand names, trade names, trade-marks, or logos of any third parties;
- IV. Be submitted in the format of .JPEG and be no more than 1GB in size;
- V. Be suitable for family audiences and for display and publication on national media sources such as television, newspapers, the Canada Post website www.canadapost.ca, and social media, Magazine, Tuesday TV, and iTV, Canada Post vehicles and furniture, in the sole determination of the Contest Sponsor. Without limitation, Entries shall not contain any content that is or contains: the promotion of unlawful behaviour, profanity, nudity, explicit sexuality, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, or is hatefully, racially, ethnically or otherwise offensive or objectionable;
- VI. The entrant must not create a false identity, or impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent an affiliation with any person or entity;
- VII. Must not been entered into, or received any awards in, any other contest or competition;
- VIII. Be consistent with the Contest Sponsor’s corporate image; and
- IX. Comply with these Contest Rules.
13. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to translate any submission components in English to a French equivalent, or any submission in French to an English equivalent, at its sole and absolute discretion. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any entrant and to remove (or refuse to post) entries from the Contest Website that it finds or believes not to comply with the conditions above, or otherwise with these Contest Rules.
14. By submitting an entry, the entrant:
- I. Represents and warrants that he or she owns and controls all right, title and interest, including copyright, in and to the photo and all elements of the photo (excluding content provided by the Contest Sponsor);
- II. Has the right and authority to, and does hereby, grant to the Contest Sponsor an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free worldwide license in perpetuity to reproduce, broadcast, communicate, distribute, adapt, modify and otherwise use all or any part of the Entry submitted under this Contest and the Contest Website; and
- III. Waives all moral right in and to the Entry.
15. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor from any and all claims that any commercial, advertising, presentation, web content or other material in any media through the universe subsequently produced, presented and/or prepared by or on behalf of the Contest Sponsor, infringes with regard to any elements, characters or ideas contained in the Entry. For greater certainty, the Contest Sponsor will not be responsible should any further packaging, advertising, promotion, or other independently developed created, marketing or advertising materials bear any resemblance to an Entry that is not declared to be the winning Entry.
16. A random draw will be conducted on June 25 to select the entrants eligible to become winners of the Prizes. Odds of being selected depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Entry Period.
17. The selected Entries for the Prizes will be announced as soon as possible once waivers have been obtained and winners will be contacted in accordance with these Rules.
18. The following are the Prizes for the Contest:
|Placing||Prize||Cash Value Equivalent:|
|1st Grand Prize||VISA Gift Card||$1,000.00|
|2nd Secondary prize||VISA Gift Card||$500|
|3rd Secondary prize||VISA Gift Card||$250|
CLAIMING YOUR PRIZE:
19. The Contest Sponsor shall fax, email or mail to each selected entrant a Declaration, Waiver and Release Form (the “Release Form”) stating that the selected entrant has complied with all eligibility requirements and Contest Rules, and releases the Contest Sponsor from all liability relating to participation in the Contest and the awarding and/or use of the Prize. The Release Form will also contain the mathematical skill-testing question. Before being declared a winner of any Prize, each selected entrant must first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question. The Release Form must contain the correct answer to the skill-testing question, and the winner must fully complete, sign and return the Release Form either in person, by fax or by mail within 10 business days of receiving the Release Form.
20. Entries and Release Forms are subject to verification by the Contest Sponsor. Any entry or release that is incomplete, fraudulent, late, bearing an invalid email address or phone number, not bearing the correct answer to the mathematical skill-testing question, or otherwise noncompliant with these rules and regulations will be rejected and will be ineligible, as the case may be, for entry or a Prize. Decisions by the Contest Sponsor in this respect are final and binding.
21. Return of any Prize or winner notification as undeliverable, inability to reach a selected entrant or failure of selected entrant to respond to notification in a timely manner, failure to correctly answer the skill-testing question, or other non-compliance with these Contest Rules may result in disqualification, forfeiture of the prize and, at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion, selection of an alternative eligible entrant who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner.
22. Should a winner make any false statement(s) to the Contest Sponsor, or be otherwise found to have engaged in conduct contrary to these Contest Rules, the winner may be required to promptly return to the Contest Sponsor his/her prize, or the cash value thereof.
23. Entry Forms and the Release Form are the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned to entrants. Entries will be used for the administration of this Contest.
DELIVERY OF PRIZE:
24. Upon confirmation by the Contest Sponsor of the returned Release Form, an entrant’s eligibility and compliance with the Contest Rules, the selected entrant(s) will be declared a winner(s) and the Contest Sponsor will contact the winner to arrange delivery of the Prize.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
25. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify an entrant or cancel entries of any person who enters or attempts to enter this Contest in a way contrary to these rules and regulations or unfair to other entrants (e.g. entries beyond the allowed limit, fraudulent use of an Entry Form, hacking, exceeding participation limits, etc.). This person may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities. Decisions by the Contest Sponsor in this respect are final and binding.
26. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Contest website and/or any related website or to sabotage the legitimate conduct of this Contest constitutes a violation of civil and criminal laws. Should there be any such attempts, the Contest Sponsor reserve the right to reject the entrant’s entries and obtain legal or equitable relief under applicable laws.
27. The Contest Sponsor do not warrant that access to or use of the Contest website will be uninterrupted or error-free during the Contest Period.
28. By entering this Contest, winners authorize the Contest Sponsor and their representatives to use, if required, their name, picture, likeness, voice, place of residence and/or statement about the Prize for advertising purposes, in any media, without compensation whatsoever. In order to be declared a winner, any selected and eligible entrant for a Prize agrees to sign the Release Form to this effect.
29. Selected entrants release the Contest Sponsor from all liability for any damages they may suffer as a result of the acceptance or use of their Prize. In order to be declared a winner and prior to obtaining their Prize, any entrant selected and eligible for a Prize under this Contest agrees to sign the Release Form to this effect.
30. The Contest Sponsor reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Contest in whole or in part, at their sole discretion, in the event unauthorized human intervention or any other occurrence corrupts or adversely affects the administration, security, impartiality, or operation of the Contest as specified herein. In all cases, the Contest Sponsor will not be held responsible for awarding more than one Prize or any Prizes other than those conforming to these rules and regulations.
31. Canada Post shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected prizes.
32. By entering this Contest or trying to do so, all persons release the Contest Sponsor, their respective directors, officers, shareholders, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, sponsors and agents (collectively “Released Parties”) from any liability for loss, harm, damages, costs and/or expenses, arising out of or in any way connected with participation in this Contest, participation in any prize-related activity, the awarding of the prize, the use of personal information as aforesaid, or the acceptance, use or misuse of the prize, including, without limitation, loss, harm, damages, costs, and/or expenses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising there from; and entrant will sign declaration and release forms, or such other supporting documentation that the Contest Sponsor may request, to give effect to such release upon request by the Contest Sponsor.
33. The Contest Sponsor are not liable for faulty transmission or the loss of data transmission due to defective computer equipment, software, communications lines or any other telephone network or electronic transmission failures. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants waive all liability for any failure of any online entry to be received by the Contest Sponsor. Entrants waive all liability for any damage or loss that could arise, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from downloading any software, or by transmitting any data relating to the participation in this Contest, including any damage to an entrant’s property. Proof of transmission (including screenshots) does not constitute proof of delivery.
34. No communications or correspondence in relation to the Contest will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected for a Prize.
35. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor regarding this Contest are final and binding, subject to any decision by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec in relation to matters under its jurisdiction.
36. For Quebec residents: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
37. This Contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. If a section of these rules and regulations is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that section shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected sections will be applied within the limits of the law.
38. The Contest address for further enquiries is: c/o Canada Post, 2701 Riverside Drive, Suite N0880, Ottawa, ON, K1A 0B1.