Homewood Health, our EFAP provider, is committed to protecting your confidentiality and personal information in several ways:
- Nobody at Canada Post, including your team leader, will know that you use the EFAP, unless you choose to tell them.
- At times, Homewood may need to contact you. They’ll ask if it’s okay to leave messages if they reach your voicemail or answering machine when calling. If you give your permission, the provider will leave discreet, non-identifying messages. For example, “This message is for John. My name is Mary and I can be reached at 1-866-565-4903 between 9 am and 4 pm Eastern Standard Time.” Messages will not reveal that you have contacted the provider.
- Homewood’s offices are in private, accessible locations away from Canada Post premises.
- Homewood will not schedule Canada Post employees in back-to-back appointments at the same office location.
- All counsellors are professionals bound by codes of ethics to maintain and respect confidentiality.
- Homewood only collects information that is necessary and will not disclose the information without your proper consent.
- Homewood handles personal information in compliance with all applicable privacy laws.
- Online services include high levels of encryption, firewalls and other security measures. Online counselling is provided through a secure website and no information that could identify you as the client is sent in data transfers or transmissions.
To maintain its accreditation, Homewood follows strict measures to safeguard the confidentiality of the millions of people it serves.
How to request your EFAP file:
If you want a copy of your EFAP records, simply:
- Call the EFAP at 1-866-565-4903 and ask to receive a Clinical Record Request form.
- Complete and sign the form.
- Photocopy a piece of ID that has your photograph and signature on it, such as your driver’s licence or passport.
- Return the completed form and the photocopy of your piece of ID, to:
150 Delhi Street
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact the Clinical Records department at 1‑866‑565‑4903